2009-09-27

Language And Peace In the News: Honduras (UPDATE 1)

UPDATE 1: Added paragraphs past the first

     The best I can offer is the Google News Search for Honduras.  Without knowledge of Spanish, I simply can't read the Twitter search for Honduras, which makes you wonder, what type of people in Iran speak English? The elites, I betcha, the ones who can afford a device for twittering?




So, I translated this article from Portuguese to English, using Google translation.  It includes loads of facts I didn't find on CNN or Reuters or the AP.  1) 2nd Summit of the Countries of South America and Africa, going on now, has unanimously condemned Honduras/Micheletti. 2) The African Union has done the same, 3) the UN has decried the "acts of intimidation" against the Brazilian embassy.

No comments:

Wikipedia Affiliate Button